Please call me the fuck out if I say/do something oppressive. You don’t have to explain point-for-point; I will take it upon myself to figure out.
This is one of the main reasons I always leave Anon on for my Ask Box.
Another reason I allow Anon asks is that I realize that you have no reason to trust that I will be rational and apologetic when I do step out of line.
Privileges that I always experience include:
- white privilege
- cis privilege (I am not trans*)
- dyadic sex privilege (I am not intersex)
- physically abled privilege
- native English speaker privilege
- USian/American privilege
- not easily marked as another religion
- vegan privilege (Because of my ability to ingest things like wheat and soy, I am physically able to be vegan. I can also afford to be vegan—although it should be noted that I rarely have class privilege and am, in fact, extremely poor.)
Privileges that I sometimes experience, depending on the situation, include:
- heterosexual privilege (passing as straight)
- thin/size privilege
- class privilege (in the minuscule context of my life, I most often do not experience this privilege)
- social class privilege
Privileges that I do not ever experience:
- male privilege
- neurotypical privilege (I have been diagnosed with OCD, GAD, SAD, and major depression. I may also have hypersomnia.)
- Christian privilege
Some other things worth noting:
- I am vegan but utterly willing to check other vegans who won’t check their own privilege.
- I have survived an emotionally and sexually abusive relationship. It was extremely difficult for me to come to terms with this and classify it as rape.